12. Ward, S., and Parnell, D. (2018). Exploring Alternative Mutual Business Models for the Organisation of Professional Football in the UK? In: Research Handbook on Sports Governance, edited by Mathieu Winand and Christos Anagnostopoulos, Edward Elgar, 2018.
11. O’Gorman, J., Fitzpatrick, D., Sibley, J., Hindmarsh, M., Saskova, Z., & Parnell, D. Contemporary Issues in the Management of Grassroots Football. In: The Routledge Handbook of Football Business and Management, edited by Simon Chadwick, Daniel Parnell, Paul Widdop, and Christos Anagnostopoulos.
10. Parnell, D., Groom, R., Widdop, P., and Ward, S. (2018). The Sporting Director: Exploring Current Practice and Challenges within Elite Football. In: The Routledge Handbook of Football Business and Management, edited by Simon Chadwick, Daniel Parnell, Paul Widdop, and Christos Anagnostopoulos.
9. Parnell, D., Curran, K., and Philpott, M. (2017). Healthy Stadia: A settings based approach to health promotion. In: Sport and Health: An Exploration of the Current State of Play, edited by Daniel Parnell and Peter Krustrup, Routledge.
8. Bailey, R., Cope, E., Parnell, D., and Reeves, M. (2017). The Human Capital Model: Realising the benefits of sport and PA. In: Sport, Education and Social Policy: The State of the Social Sciences of Sport, edited by Gudrun Doll-Tepper, Katrin Koenan and Richard Bailey, Routledge (p135-159).
7. Pringle, P., Parnell, D., Rutherford, Z., McKenna, J., Zwolinsk, S. and Hargreaves, J. (2017). Sustaining health improvement activities delivered in English professional football clubs using evaluation: a short communication. In: Football, Community & Sustainability, edited by Chris Porter, Anthony May, Annabel Kiernan, Routledge.
6. Parnell, D. and Richardson, D. (2015). Football and Inclusivity: Introduction. Football, Community and Social Inclusion. Routledge.
5. Curran, K., Bingham, D.D., Richardson, D., Parnell, D. (2015). Ethnographic engagement inside a Football in the Community programme at an English Premier League football club. Football, Community and Social Inclusion. Routledge.
4. Bingham, D.D., Parnell, D., Curran, K. & Richardson, D. (2015). Fit Fans: understanding the issues and effectiveness of a health promotion programme for older men delivered within an English Premier League Football Club. Football, Community and Social Inclusion. Routledge.
3. Pringle, A., Parnell, D., Hargreaves, J., McKenna, J. & Zwolinsky, S. (2015). Effect of a Health Improvement Programme for Older Adults Delivered in/by Burton Albion FC.Football, Community and Social Inclusion. Routledge.
2. Rutherford, Z., Seymore-Smith, S., Matthews, C., Wilcox, J., Gough, B., Parnell, & Pringle, A. (2015). “Motivate”: The effect of a Football in the Community delivered weight loss programme on over 35 year old men and women’s cardiovascular risk factors. Football, Community and Social Inclusion. Routledge.
1. Parnell, D., Stratton, G., Drust, B. & Richardson, D. (2013). Implementing ‘Monitoring and Evaluation’ Techniques within a Premier League Football in the Community Scheme: A Case Study Involving Everton in the Community. In the Routledge Handbook of Sport and Corporate Social Responsibility.